Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Can't wait any longer - a motorcycle topic

I had been putting off my first post about motorcycles until I could actually sit down and think about it. Alas, my twitter searches have resulted in several 'following' and subscriptions to other's blogs. So as to not seem like just another follower, here are my motorcycle interests and projects.



Daily rider (when it is not 9'F like it is was morning): '94 Ducati 900SS, with Ferracci's 944 11:1 hi-comp kit, steel braided lines all around, high pipes, flat slides.

Here is a shot on the beach in Trinidad, CA during our 2006 trek to the MotoGP at Laguna Seca.




Dirt: Just a simple 2000 KTM 250sx with an exc (?) tank. No kickstand needed at the St. Anthony Dunes (2002?)








Cafe Racer: Like soooo many others these days, I find the cafe racer style appealing. In comes the '75 Honda CB360. It runs very well now, after spending at least the last 10 years as a barn bike. It was given to me by a friend. We all need more friends like this. Modifications will include: homemade wiring harness, 35V 4.7uF capacitor in place of the battery (done: kick start only now but that adds to the coolness factor, reduces weight and is smaller than a C-cell battery), drag bars, custom seat/tail piece...you get the point

Electric supermoto: Again, I was given a bike, '85 Honda XR350. The motor was seized due to a slight oversight in importance of oil (bad nephew-in-law). The plan is to strip it down, swap in some super-moto rims/tires along, electric motor, batteries, controller... This is a work in progress. As a low budget beginning step, I bought a very used electric golf cart. It has everything I need to get started, except the batteries and charger. We'll see.

Ahhhhh. I feel much better now.
Before signing off, I'll share a couple of my thoughts about motorcycles. First, if you've got it, ride it. Second, there are too many people and not enough motorcycles. If you have a bike that does not run, give it to me or someone else so they can make it run. A non-running bike means that there is one less person out there riding.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to following your CB360 project..I'm trying to find a 360 front end w/ disc brake for my SL350 project...love the tiger pics!

    ReplyDelete